Greater Boston’s Leader in Tel/Data and Security Systems since 1995
Spectrum IT Completes in Progress with IT Network for InterSystems Corp.’s Headquarters at One Congress, Boston, MA
Dedham, MA – February 2, 2024 – Spectrum Integrated Technologies (Spectrum IT), the low-voltage technology division of J&M Brown Company, has completed the first phase of the elaborate tel/data network project for InterSystems Corporation’s new headquarters at One Congress in Boston’s Bulfinch Crossing. InterSystems occupies 420,000 square-feet on the top 14 floors of the recently constructed landmark 43-story office tower.
Spectrum’s detailed and multifaceted tel/data project scope was comprised of:
- the installation of InterSystems’ Cat 6-A cabling to all user outlets and wireless data outlets;
- the fiber optic network backbone connecting to all IT rooms;
- build-out of the iT rooms; the installation of the Distributed Antenna System (DAS);
- pulling/connecting fiber optic and power cable from the building’s IT riser closet to the antennas throughout each of the floors;
- build-out of the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) and IDF closets; and
- providing corresponding state-of-the-art wireless solutions.
Phase one encompassed comprehensive network installations on floors 32-36. The NECA contractor commenced low-voltage work in March 2023 and the first phase was completed in December, as scheduled.
Project Manager Randy Silva and Foreman Jeff Xenakis are leading the Spectrum iT project team with a crew ranging upwards of 15 IBEW Local 103 technicians. The NECA contractor is working as a subcontractor to project GC, Elaine Construction of Newton, MA.
Phase two of the IT network project is underway and is scheduled for completion in 2024.
In a separate project, J&M Brown Company is providing the comprehensive electrical construction fit-out of InterSystems new headquarter offices.
InterSystems is a Boston-based global data management and healthcare information systems company, providing critical information needs for organizations in the healthcare, financial and logistics sectors.